Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ankle, More like CANKLE!

I don't think I can really do justice with words what can be said with pictures. You probably looked at the pictures which sparked your interest in what I have to say anyway. So here is the story of my ankle sprain.
I recently joined a city league basketball team nearby in Chino, Ca. We play every Monday night and have been playing for over a month now. I have been playing well and having a lot of fun. It does help when you are the biggest guy out there. Well about 7 minutes into last night's game I went up high for a rebound. As I grabbed the ball I sensed that there was someone around my legs. The smallest guy on the court decided to park himself right under me after I jumped. I looked down in time to see him sliding right in under me. Now I have gotten used to this as many of the players in the league don't have a lot of game experience. Every game I have guys pushing on my legs as I jump in the air. I have to be a little cautious every time.

So as I am coming down from the rebound I tried to avoid the little man underneath me, but there was little I could do. My left foot came right down on the back of his foot. There was nothing I could do as I watched my ankle bend under the strain of my landing. Brittany said she doesn't remeber me yelling when it happened but did as I lay on the ground. It hurt like crazy, but mostly I was just really annoyed and aggrivated that I had sprained my ankle.


No comments: