Thursday, August 20, 2009

Queen of the Car







Our little ray of sunshine has been a challenge in several areas; one is the car. She absolutely loathed her first car seat and it took us a while to figure out why. From day one Miss Independent has wanted to sit-up and hated being strapped down in a 'laying down' position (but what else do you do with an infant???). I would dread car-rides anywhere, because it meant listening to her blood-curdling shriek the whole way. Oye.


Ever since we got the sitting-up style car seat she's been a dream in the car! I don't think she was really 'old enough' when we got it- but whatever- it works!! But it's not just that- we mounted a little portable DVD player to the headrest which plays all varieties of Baby Einstein. To add to her majesty's viewing pleasure we installed a little window shade (you know, so as to avoid any of those nasty glares). Did I mention the drink, or in her case, bottle holder- ya, that too. This baby's got it all.

I don't know how our parents did it without these little technological perks. Seriously.

6 comments:

Staci Kramer said...

She is the SPITTING IMAGE of her daddy. I havent seen her in a while and I had no idea that she had morphed so completely into him. These pictures make me want to go dig up old Ethington pics. She is a clone!!!

Staci Kramer said...

okay, I have a baby picture of Greg that looks exactly like Cali that I want to send you but your email is not enabled on your blog. send me your email address and I will send this pic to you. stacikramer@gmail.com

V said...

I agree she looks a lot like Greg. She's totally transitioned from infant to little person--and she has such long hair.

eliza said...

ooo! Fancy shmancy!

Kiera said...

Oh, how funny! She is so stinkin' cute!! She looks like a little adult getting her bottle out of the holder! That's hilarious! I can't wait to get the sit up car seat for Dylan, I should do that soon! She does look just like that Gerber baby, that's so funny! Oh and I loved that video of her in her little pool the other day! She is so fun!

Jas said...

Whoa, ... you have a baby? When'd you get a baby? Wow, a baby? That's rad, man. Well, a super long belated congratulations. Hmm, ... I think I knew you had a baby though, ... maybe just no pictures then? Dunno. Very adorable, though. : )